I love to read and will read just about anything. (No, not romance novels, nascar history, or anything related to the Louisville Cardinals.) I believe that reading opens my mind, and allows me to disconnect, learn, and be challenged. Each year I try to come up with 8-10 books I put on my reading list, giving myself room to add if a “new hot” one comes out. Most years I complete my list (with the exception of last year) and I am excited about the books I have chosen this year. I do not include on the list the bible because that is something I read everyday, or fiction books which I read before going to bed to help me decompress. (My current fiction book is “Gone Girl,” which I have barely gotten into.) So here’s my list not in any order:
- What If: Serious Scientific Answers To Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Moore – Just fun. This is just a silly book I am going to read for fun.
- Manage Your Day to Day by Jocelyn Glei – Productivity.
- Zero To One by Peter Thiel – Business/Innovation.
- The Organized Mind by Daniel Levitin – Productivity.
- Divine Mentor by Wayne Cordeiro – Spiritual Growth.
- Simplify by Bill Hybels – Spiritual Growth.
- All The President’s Men by Woodward and Bernstein – History.
- Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero by Chris Matthews – Biography.
- Sticky Teams by Larry Osborne – Leadership
Yep, it’s a random list but I like to be well rounded!
So what are you reading this year? Do you have a plan?
Find life…live grace…become hope.